A Closer Look Into How We Help (Join Us)
- Reading and understanding the Bible
- Prayers(quiet time and listening to God)
- Parenting and child care
- Health and hygiene
- Trauma and dealing with teenagers
- Understanding of my value and identity
- Biblical understanding of work
- Understanding my life journey
- Identifying and overcoming roadblocks
- Perseverance and positive attitude
- Succeeding through adversity Integrity in workplace
- Personal responsibility/self discipline
- Conflict resolution
- Excelling on the job
- Effective communication skills
- Proper customer satisfaction
- Developing community and networks
- Job search techniques
- Business skills
- One on one intervention
As you can imagine, an endeavor like this –with transport, lodging, and the cost of training and curriculum–it’s a very expensive on-going cost. (Approximately $5000 per training).
Margaret, another of our residents, has a father who is a pastor. He and his wife have 11 children. The family is very poor and survive on offerings from Sunday, which can be $4 or less or sometimes nothing. This year, they planted some wheat and maize, but unfortunately, they did not experience good rain. They struggle to afford food, school fees or even buying water. The training we provide will be a huge help to their family.
At times, the task seems impossible. When Kenyan Directors, Maureen and Oliver, visited families this quarter, many said it would be better to die than to live in these conditions. Please pray that God will provide for these families, so our girls have a safe and reliable option to return home. This is everyone’s desire when it’s possible.
If you’d like to help us with this cost, you can give here and add PARENT/BUSINESS TRAINING in the memo.